Indicates the maximum speed that a tire can sustain.
Search in blog
- New tires for electric and hybrid cars coming soon775 views 12 LikedThe Pirelli manufacturer has presented new Elect tires for electric and hybrid cars.Read more
As published in the Official Journal of the European Union, the newclassification tire and related labelingwill come into force from May 2021. New indications will help the consumer in choosing the tire.
Tire labels. What's the news?
All the innovations are included in the EU 2020/740 regulation, specifically the new tire will have the symbol for snow and / or ice next to that of noise. This information will be essential for the user to check at the time of purchase, the grip of the tire on snow and ice based on the values established by regulation no.117 (concerning snow) and ISO 19447 (concerning ice).
Let's see how the label reads!
The updated label will represent 5 energy classes (and no longer 7) from letter A to letter E.
- At the top left we will find the fuel consumption due to theresistance tire's rolling.
- At the top right we will find the five energy classes that will indicate the grip of the tire in the wet, i.e. the braking capacity in rainy conditions.
- In the lower left part will be placed the noise level of the tire with the symbol of three small sound waves
- On the right we will find two new pictograms that will respectively indicate the grip of the tire on the snow (with the symbol of a three-pointed mountain and the a snowflake inside) and the grip of the tire on the ice (represented by the symbol of a glacier).
This new labeling system will also be available for heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses which nowadays have so-called C3 tires.
Thanks to this new labeling in the coming years it is hoped to enter a greener and safer system.
Log in to post comments